Sneeze!

I’m down with a cold so I’ve spent the day on the sofa reading and watching tv. As it’s my day off I could have thought of something else to do as well, but I can’t help it now. Sneeze!

I rarely recommend books because it’s such a matter of personal taste but this time I can’t shut up about one. I’ve just finished Carlos Luis Zafón’s “The Shadow of the Wind” and I LOVED it. It was one of those books that you can’t bear to put down after you get the hang of it. The story takes place in Barcelona where I now want to go more than ever! After “Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell” (which I also loved and was happy to learn it’ll be made in to a movie!) I didn’t know what to start reading. I’m so glad I chose Zafón’s fantastic book!

Old meets new

This necklace has a vintage pendant with smoky blue czech glass and very light lilac mother of pearl beads. It’s very simple but I really like these soft colours.

Ever since I returned to work two weeks ago I haven’t touched my beads. It’s so frustrating!! I managed to upload some jewellery photos on Flickr today though, of some of the pieces that I made over the holidays. But it all feels like nothing now, I crave to create more! I hope to be able to get on it later this week once I feel better.

8 thoughts on “Sneeze!

1. jes says:

Oh that piece is just wonderful!!! I can’t wait for you to start selling your wares!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are feeling better sweetie! I just sent you a real email just the other day!

2. Romina says:

I so want to start reading again, thanks for the link. And Barcelona is a place I’ve always wanted to go, it seems like a magical city to me. Can’t wait to do that someday. That’s such a lovely necklace, I love vintage stuff. Girl you have to open your own store !!! Sending angels to take care of you 🙂 Hope you feel better.

3. mags says:

I just love that necklace! And yes, you’re so right; a certain asymmetria is so appealing 🙂
    /Where did you purchase that chinese porcelain bead in the turquoise bracelet? Somewhat curious 🙂 /
    Oh, The shadow of the Wind has been on my list a long time now – thanks for a reminder!

4. Majeak Ann says:

beautiful soft colors…also stopping to say hi!
    thank you madame!
    xox
    -Marjorie

5. violet says:

I just wanted to say that I love your jewellery!!!
    I think you are talented…also to take good photos of your creations. The colours match, the feeling is right…in every photo.

6. Sigh. .. that is so gorgeous! Wow Lea!!!!! Stunning! I love the opposite beaded effect. . .

7. yiwen says:

Hi Lea, thanks for dropping by and leaving a lovely note! Your pieces are fabulous! Love the vintage necklace ~ we don’t get such nice vintage pendants here. Pity us and start selling your wares! 🙂

8. Pat de Verre says:

Encore un point commun, j’adore “Sinouhe, l’egyptien” et Mika Waltari. Je n’avais pas compris que ton pseudo etait le titre d’un de ces livres…Super idee, mais maintenant il va falloir que je lise le livre…pour ne pas mourrir idiote…MDR (mort de rire)