Necklaces

In my pre-Christmas stress and misery I made a bunch of necklaces in the same style as Green Lady featured in a previous post. It’s funny how good things rise out of low spirits, since my mood has elevated along with the jewellery. All the new necklaces (including Green Lady)were sold almost immediately as they appealed to a few young men who were on a lookout for Christmas gifts. At the same time all the Baroque earrings have also found new homes. It’s heart-stopping to see someone wear a piece of your jewellery! And a huge confidence boost.

Nights over Egypt

This necklace was named after Incognito‘s uplifting song Nights over Egypt because my boyfriend said it had an Egyptian feel about it. I like this frame of thought. And the song brings back memories of a certain period in my life. (I haven’t been to Egypt but I listened to a lot of Incognito! He!)

Petal

Petal recently became a surprise present to a girl I have never met. I’m told she liked it very much and that it was a perfect date!

For some reason I rarely wear necklaces myself these days. In the end I always go for the bracelets, rings and earrings. I need to change that! It will be easy as this Christmas I received a gift that has become my new “amulet”. The necklace combines the art of Leonardo Da Vinci, Greek mythology and my star sign! I’ll blog about it once I get the chance to photograph it…

In the meantime, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Oh, to have a time machine and visit the Paris World Exhibition in 1900… This picture has originally come from Agence Eureca.

11 thoughts on “Necklaces

1. Julia says:

Nights over Egypt is lovely! Color combination is beautilful and I love well balanced asymmetry. 🙂

2. Hyvää Uutta Vuotta! Ihania koruja!

3. Romina says:

Happy New Year Lea!!!!
    xoxoxoxoxo

4. kathleen says:

These necklaces are so lovely & unique! You have a great style… can’t wait to see what you’ll be creating in the New Year! 🙂

5. mags says:

Fantastic! Nights over Egypt takes my breath away 😉
    Happy New Year To You & your loved ones!

6. violet says:

Kaunista kaunista taas…
    Ei ihme jos noita halutaan ostaa.
    Muuten – olen tulossa käymään Helsingissä helmikuun lopussa. Osaatko suositella paikkaa mistä voisin ostaa vanhoja postikortteja ja valokuvia?
    En ole koskaan asunut Hesassa ja olen käynytkin siellä noin 15 vuotta sitten..joten tulen ihan turistina;-)
    Arvelin kuitenkin että saattaisit osata auttaa tässä jutussa..?

7. jes says:

I Hope you had a wonderful Holiday Sweetie!!! I miss you! I am slowly getting back into blogging now that the Holidays are over! They seemed to have taken over my life!!!

LOVE that necklace, and I’m so glad to hear that your lovely wares are selling!! OF COURSE they are!

xoxoxxo

WE MUST CATCH UP SOON!

8. How clever to display this neckace with the form of a letter P

9. Thank You so much , all of you, You are so sweet!!!! And Corey, thanks for helping me notice that “P”-shape, it had been created totally unintentionally!! Hehe!

10. Gypsy Purple says:

Oh this is lovely and I love the way you present the pieces.
    Enjoyed your blog and will be back

Chamara

11. balu says:

Hello,
    Your site is offering a brilliant and beautiful necklaces,which looks good in color.The p-shape necklaces Blue & red ,green & blue is so beautiful.I saw similar website about Necklaces which is also very beautiful.